"Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground." - Rumi

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thirst

By Galina Krasskova

It is Your mercy I fear the most, 
Oh my hard and hungry God. 
You demand the most
of those you love the best. 
I ask no mercy from that. 
You bless us with boundless torment.
You feast upon our suffering, 
and the strength and will they bring,
as though upon finest wine. 
You order our hearts. 
You unmake our weakness. 
For in truth, WE are the wine upon which You feast, 
we, the sweetest vintage of Your table. 
Oh, You who are Thirsty for Pain,
Hungry for Flesh, *
feast upon me, and devour
what remains of my heart. 
I want to be ready
because when we bow our heads
to the immensity of Your desire,
You pour blessings into our hands. 
And as You thirst for our submission, 
I thirst only for You. 

*thanks to Anya Kless for sharing her own bynames for Odin: "Thirsty for Pain," and "Hungry for Flesh."  He is indeed both of those things. Serving Him, being led from ordeal dancer to ordeal master by His hands has been a profound experience. Pain is the tool and the teaching that He pressed into my hands to wield, and I am grateful for the blessings that have unfolded because of that. Despite the pain, He has privileged my practice. I bow my head before Him. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember who said it, but I've always found it to be true:

    "I can stand anything but Your gentleness."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh, that gives me chills right now!

    ReplyDelete